Events & Announcements
At Wayland State Bank, the health and well-being of our customers, employees and communities is our top priority. We understand the concern you may have regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). The bank maintains a business continuity plan to protect our customers and employees from any unforeseen circumstances that might limit the amount of staff or affect the bank’s daily operations, including a pandemic event. We realize that banking functions are a primary need of our customers, and that is why we review, train and test our plans annually.
Below are some simple steps to protect your physical and financial health:
- Use the Drive Thru– If you need to visit a Wayland State Bank location for basic banking services.
- Use Direct Deposits to ensure your paychecks remain uninterrupted.
- Whenever possible use your debit card instead of cash to reduce your risk of exposure and personal contact.
- Open and use online banking to check your banking activity and get your statements from anywhere.
- Make sure we have your most up-to-date contact information and phone numbers so we can contact you in the event of an emergency or fraud.
- Be extra careful and never give out your banking information, as fraudsters tend to try to take advantage of these situations.
We do not anticipate any significant disruption in providing service or support to our customers! As always, the health and safety of our customers, employees and communities is our main concern. We will continue monitoring the situation, and we are here to assist our customers as needed.
Wayland State Bank